ERA-GLONASS: From emergency response system to services markets
On 1 November 2013, the GLONASS Union – Non-commercial partnership for development and use of navigation technologies – held the "ERA-GLONASS: From emergency response system to services markets" seminar at the Crocus Expo International Exhibition Center in Moscow.
The seminar was attended by:
- Russian Deputy Transport Minister Alexey Tsydenov, who reported on the progress in building the ERA-GLONASS Accident Emergency Response System and its key objectives, and other representatives from Russian Federation executive bodies
- Representatives of the Republic of Belarus and the Republic of Kazakhstan – Customs Union member states
- Representatives from domestic and foreign government entities and agencies, responsible for development and implementation of the state policies on navigation activities and transportation safety
- Communications service providers
- Automotive equipment developers and manufacturers
- Navigation information and telecommunication service providers
- Domestic and foreign experts
Seminar participants were brought up to date on the progress in building the Russian ERA-GLONASS Accident Emergency Response System, fine-tuning the interoperability with the «1-1-2» single number emergency alert system and the emergency services, harmonizing the Russian ERA-GLONASS and the European eCall systems, equipment manufacturers' and automakers' ability to meet the requirements of the ERA-GLONASS System, and potential applications for the ERA-GLONASS System in modernizing the transport infrastructure and developing navigation information services market.
In total, 153 companies from 11 countries (Sweden, Check Republic, Germany, Finland, France, Israel, Italy, Japan, the Republic of Belarus, and the Republic of Kazakhstan).