Adoption of GLONASS-based navigation technologies discussed at the session of the Russia-Vietnam Intergovernmental Commission
Alexander Bondarenko, Head of the GLONASS Union International Projects Service, took part in the session of the Russia-Vietnam Intergovernmental Commission, held on 6 September on the Russky Island off the coast of Vladivostok, Russia. A range of significant decisions on developing cooperation between the two countries, including in the field of GLONASS-based satellite navigation, were reached at the session.
Session participants noted that the Russian navigation sector's development know-how can successfully be applied in the Socialist Republic of Vietnam. Russian delegation proposed a number of priority directions for adoption of GLONASS-based satellite navigation technologies:
- Managing manpower and means of the law enforcement and emergency services
- Building a national accident emergency response system
- Building systems for control and effective management of municipal public transportation and ensuring passenger safety
- Building systems for control over commercial carriers
- Building road toll collection systems
Vietnam will shortly designate a list of the pilot GLONASS-based satellite navigation projects and the government agencies, responsible for the particular areas of cooperation. Prospective pilot projects for the advancement of GLONASS-based products and services will be discussed at the next meeting of the Committee, as well as within the scope of the business missions under the auspices of the Russian Ministry of Economic Development, which will be held in the fall in Moscow and Hanoi.