Non-Commercial Partnership for Promotion of Navigation Technologies Development and Application (GLONASS Union)
Supporting the development of a competitive navigation information services sector in Russia.
PJSC "Navigation Information Systems",
JSC "T1 Group",
JSC NIIMA PROGRESS
GLONASS Union objectives:
- supporting legislative development in the field of navigation activities;
- developing a common technology policy for navigation sector;
- uniting the efforts and combining the resources of public and private sectors for development and adoption of navigation products and services that use GLONASS technology in Russia and abroad;
- forming a global ecosystem of developers and service and content providers that utilize GLONASS technology.
GLONASS Union was established as the Russian navigation market and GLONASS technology enter a new development phase:
- after completion of satellite constellation deployment, the highest priority goal for the government GLONASS project is the adoption of navigation technologies;
- implementation of major government projects that utilize navigation technologies in the transport sector, first and foremost – building the ERA-GLONASS System, will ensure accelerated domestic market development and growth;
- dual-system GLONASS/GPS solutions became the technology standard worldwide.
21 May 2012
The Non-commercial Partnership for Development and Use of Navigation Technologies (GLONASS Union) is established.
25 May 2012
GLONASS Union is designated the Russian National Navigation Services Provider (Russian Federation Government Resolution No. 522)
18 September 2012
GLONASS Union is designated the sole general contractor for implementation of the government ERA-GLONASS Accident Emergency Response System project (Russian Federation Government Resolution No. 1732-r).